According to a report, 2400 doctors in Maharashtra have been labeled as quacks for not serving or paying the or rural service bond which they have signed during their admission process.
Which doctors are included in this list is not clear yet. Also, the status of doctors who are undergoing their PG, super specialty, and fellowship courses is also not clear.
The report says that “According to DMER data, among the doctors declared ‘quacks’ are:
- 780 from Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Parel;
- 761 from Grant Medical College attached to JJ Hospital;
- 595 from B J Medical College, Pune;
- 526 from Government Medical College, Nagpur; and
- 485 from Topiwala National Medical College attached to BYL Nair Hospital at Mumbai Central.”