National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design. Work at the NHSRC is organised around eight divisions, namely – Community Processes, Quality Improvement, Public Health Planning, Public Health Administration, Healthcare Financing & Healthcare Technology, HMIS and Human Resources for Health.
NHSRC intends recruiting Consultant – Quality Improvement purely on contractual basis.
Location: New Delhi with requirement of extensivetravel to states & districts.Travel could be upto 50% of time in a month.
Summary of the Position
After launch of National Rural Health Mission/ National Health Mission, number of people visiting Public Health Facilities has increased considerably. However Quality of the services available at Public Health Facilities still remains a cause of concern. For improving Quality of care at the facilities, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has been supporting the states through technical assistance, as well as allocations under the NRHM/ NHM PIP.
The incumbent would be expected to join the QI team at NHSRC and undertake multiple tasks such as – Trainings, Advocacy, customisation of the check-lists for meeting needs of states in adapting the Quality Standards& its measurement system, conduct of workshops & seminars, assisting the health facilities with gap-closure actions, and facilitating the certification process, as & when required.
The envisaged task for the incumbent is intellectually challenging and stimulating, as none of two situations are same. S/he should be self-starter and motivated, have capacity to work un-supervised. Since expenditure on the drugs contributes significantly towards ‘out of pocket expenditure’ and the Ministry is supporting the states in strengthening the drug and logistics procurement system, the incumbent may be expected to contribute on this role as well.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Expected role of the incumbent is multi-dimensional and are summarised below –
- S/he should be a team player.
- One of the major responsibilities of the incumbent would to travel to states and districts and impart QA trainings.Thus the candidate should possess the skills for imparting trainings, including excellent command over language (Hindi & English) – spoken & written both.
- Willingness to travel to states, districts and health facilities, which may be located in ‘hard to reach’ areas.
- Drafting & Report writing
- Development & review of resource material for trainings
- Technical Assistance to states & districts in Operationalisation of States and Districts Quality Assurance Units
- Facilitate conduct of the Internal and External Audits
- Review of drugs & logistics procurement system
- Any other function, as allotted by Advisor – Quality Improvement
For achieving above-mentioned deliverables the applicant is expected to possess following qualifications & experience –
- Medical / Dental/ Ayush/ Pharmacy/ Nursing degree from a recognised institute
- At least three yearspost qualificationexperience of working on Quality Assurance Projects.
- Excellent Communication skills -Verbal (Hindi & English) & Written (English)
- Proficiency in MS Office package
1 Advance Qualification in Hospital/ Health Management from a recognised institute
2 Recognised Qualification in a Quality System, which may be waived off in case of deserving candidates, who have robust field experience
3 Experience of working in a hospital’s administration department
4 Preference may be given to those applicants, who have directly worked on the assignments, resulting into certification / accreditation of hospitals to a recognised quality system such as ISO 9001/ NABH/ JCI/ NABL
- Only short-list candidates would be called for further tests & interview
- The candidates may be asked to take- ‘on-line’ test.
- Candidates may also be asked to undertake précis-writing and/or followed by verbal presentation on a topic in English/ Hindi.
- The incumbent would be expected to join within 4 -6 weeks of the selection. There is probation period of three months.
- Applicants working in Govt./ Corporation/ PSU are expected to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ at time of Interview.
Please note that above-mentioned eligibility criteria (Essential & Desirable) may be relaxed for deserving candidates.
Age Limit: 50 years & below with fitness to travel. Age can be relaxed for a suitable candidate.
It is mandatory to mention Age, Year of Passing the Degrees, Current and Past Employment dates on your resume, without whichapplications will not be accepted. The applicants should provide contact details of two credible personal references in the resume.
Applications must reach by 4 p.m. on 06-Aug-2015 by email to [email protected]) or by post / by hand to HR Manager, NHSRC, NIHFW Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi -110 067. Please ensure to mention post applied for on the envelope (in post) and subject-line (in e-mail), without which applications will not be accepted.