Maharashtra Association of Resident Doctors (MARD) has called off the strike by resident doctors of KEM Hospital after their demands were met by the officials.
After due deliberations with the administration, KEM MARD has decided to join back on duty from 5 pm onwards today (27th September 2015).
- The main demand that all 4 accused be arrested has been met with. Section 326, 332 and DPA have been applied
- The increase in security personnel by 32 has been made.
- 145 CCTV cameras have been assured in KEM Hospital by the october end.
- Rapid action force has been constituted and hotline number 7402 given.
- Duty list to ensure accountability.
- Monthly meeting of resident doctors with Dean to redress issues
- Additional 211 security guards by November 30 in KEM.
- Upgradation by security in all BMC run colleges by 3 October.
MARD as said that “We are grateful to all resident doctors across KEM and state, undergraduate students, interns for your unconditional support. Special thanks to IMA and AMC for their support. Very special thanks to Shri. VINOD TAWDEJI hon. medical education minister for proactively intervening for justice. .???? And last but not the least, print and electronic media for covering the genuine demands of doctor in a very unbiased manner..we are grateful????” Statements by Dr. Sagar Mundada (central MARD president) and Dr. Mandar Baviskar (KEM MARD president)
Therefore central MARD which had threatened to go on mass bunk from 8 pm today evening if the demands are not met has decided to call off the mass bunk as well.