Job post : Senior Scientist
Area/ Field : Biology
Qualification : Ph.D. in Life sciences/ Biology/ Biosciences / Botany/ Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Endocrinology/ Genetics/ Immunology/ Microbiology/ Physiology/ Environmental /Marine Sciences/ Pharmacology/ Toxicology; with 02 years experience in Journal publishing/Editorial Office/paper publishing/core research with evident publications OR MBBS plus Ph.D. in above mentioned subjects. OR M.E./M. Tech. in the above mentioned subjects with 03 years experience in Journal publishing/Editorial Office/paper publishing/core research with evident publications
No.of Vacancies : 02
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS
- Benefits under Council service:
- These posts carry usual allowances i.e. Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) etc. as admissible to the central government employees and as made applicable to CSIR. Council employees are also eligible for accommodation of their entitled type as per CSIR allotment rules depending on availability in which case HRA will not be admissible.
- Scientists in Pay Band-3 are eligible for 2 additional increments (without DA) and Professional update allowance of Rs.10000/- per annum.
- In addition to the emoluments indicated against each category of posts, benefits such as applicability of New Pension Scheme 2004, reimbursements of Medical Expenses, Leave Travel Concession, Conveyance advance and House Building Advance are available as per CSIR rules.
- Scientists in CSIR are also permitted to undertake consultancy and sponsored R&D project activity. These activities give them scope to earn consultancy fee and honorarium as per CSIR guidelines governing these activities. Opportunities also arise for foreign deputations for training/presentation of papers/specific assignments etc.
- CSIR provides excellent opportunities to deserving candidates for career advancement under Assessment Promotion scheme for Scientists.
- Deserving candidates may be considered for advance increment as per CSIR Rules.
- Other conditions
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on the last date of receipt of the applications. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts as on the last date of receipt of the applications. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The duly constituted Screening Committee will adopt its own criteria for short-listing the candidates. The candidate should therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experiences in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents. Completion of Ph.D. degree will be reckoned from the date of issue of provisional certificate/notification.
- The application should be accompanied by self attested copies of the relevant educational qualification, experience. The prescribed qualifications should have been obtained through recognized Universities / Institutions. etc. Incomplete applications/applications received or not accompanied with the required certificates / documents are liable to be rejected.
- In respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Application is liable to be rejected.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/ guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for interview.
- If any document/ certificate furnished is in a language other than Hindi or English, a transcript of the same duly attested by a Gazetted officer or notary is to be submitted.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and /or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications i.e.31st August 2015.
- The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications prescribed for that Grade.
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed under GOI instructions are encouraged to apply.
- In case a candidate is staying abroad, his/her candidature may be considered in absentia by the Selection Committee on his/her written request.
- The Selection Committee may choose to place the candidate in any of the Grade Pay within the Pay Band depending upon the performance of the candidate and subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criterion specified.
- Only outstation candidates called and found eligible for interview will be paid to and fro single second class rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of their residence whichever is nearer to Railway Station on production of Rail Tickets/Rail Ticket Numbers or any other proof of journey.
- Any discrepancy found between the information given in application and as evident in original documents will make the candidate ineligible for appearing in interview. Such candidate will not be paid any fare.
- The decision of the CSIR-NISCAIR/CSIR Headquarters in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct ofexamination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- Candidates should keep a printout of the online application for their record.
- NO INTERIM ENQUIRY OR CORRESPONDANCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- Relaxations :
- The upper age limit is relaxable upto 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC as per Government orders in force only in those cases where the post are reserved for respective categories, on production of relevant certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto five years for the regular employees working in CSIR laboratories / institutes, Government Departments, autonomous bodies and public sector undertakings.
- As per GOI provisions, age relaxation for Widows, Divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from Husbands, the upper age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years (upto 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and upto 38 years for members belonging to the Other Backward Classes in respect of the posts reserved for them) for Widows, divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from their Husbands who are not remarried. The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce following documentary evidence:
- i) In case of Widow, Death Certificate of her husband together with the Affidavit that she has not remarried since.
- ii) In case of divorced Women and Women judicially separated from their husbands, a certified copy of the judgment/decree of the appropriate Court to prove the fact of divorce or the judicial separation, as the case may be, with an Affidavit in respect of divorced Women and they have not remarried since.
- Age relaxation to Physically Handicapped (PH) persons: Age relaxation of 5 years is allowed (total 10 years for SCs/STs and 8 years for OBCs in respect of the posts reserved for them) to blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped persons for appointment to Group ‘A’ posts/services. The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce a certificate in prescribed proforma in support of their claims clearly indicating that the degree of physical disability is 40% or more. In any case, the appointment of these candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in accordance with the standards of medical fitness as prescribed by the Government for each individual Group ‘A’ posts to be filled by Direct Recruitment by Selection.
- Relaxation in age, over and above the stipulated limit, educational qualification and / or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates or if sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite qualification and/ or experience are not available to fill up the posts.
- Relaxation of five years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
- How to apply :
- Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE through our website http://www.niscair.res.in or can apply offline by using the print out of the application form available with this advertisement.
- If the candidate does not have a valid email id, he/she should create a new valid email id before applying online.
- Online Application will be available on our website from 9:00 AM, 1st August 2015 to 5:30PM, 24th August 2015.
- Candidates are required to arrange for a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.500/ drawn on any nationalized bank and valid for at least 3 months in favour of “Director,
NISCAIR” payable at New Delhi.. The following details must be filled up on back side of Demand Draft (i) Candidate’s Name, (ii) Candidate’s Category, (iii) Post
Code Applied For. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Women/CSIR Employees/Abroad Candidates category are exempted from submission of application fee.
- In case of universities/institute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/institute.
- Successful online application is indicated by the page displayed after clicking Submit Button indicating the generated “APPLICATION NUMBER”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-print the Application.
- In case candidate wants to modify/withdraw the application there is a ‘CANCEL’ option to cancel the online application. Please note that application once cancelled will not be retrieved at any stage. If you have cancelled the application, please reapply before the closure of Application Date as per advertisement. Please remember to take fresh print out after modifying any details.
- This computer generated application (Print-out) duly accompanied by attested copies of the certificates, mark sheets, testimonials in support of age, education qualifications, experience, re-prints of publications and caste certificate, if applicable along with one recent passport size self-signed photograph affixed together with Demand Draft (if applicable) should be sent in an envelope superscripted “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF Scientist(Post Code ________)” by post to the
address:- The Administrative Officer, National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR), Pusa Campus, Dr. K S Krishnan Marg, New Delhi – 110012. Candidates applying for more than one post must submit separate application form for each post indicating the Code No. of the post. The hard copy(s) of each application must be accompanied by separate Demand Draft(s).
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
- Applications from employees of Government Departments will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel, certified by the employer that the applicant, if selected will be relieved within one month of the receipt of the appointment orders. Also, vigilance clearance should also be recorded. However, advance copy of the application may be submitted before the closing date. Applications routed through proper channel should reach NISCAIR at the earliest.
- Candidates should specifically note that the applications received after the closing date for any reason whatsoever (such as envelopes wrongly addressed, delivered elsewhere, postal delay etc.) will not be entertained by NISCAIR.
- Incomplete applications (i.e. without photograph, unsigned and application fee, applicable testimonials etc.) will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected.
- Following documents must be attached along with application form sent by post:
a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- as application fee, where applicable.
b Coloured photograph pasted on the form and signed across in full.
c Self Attested photocopy of Date of Birth Certificate.
d Self Attested photocopies of education qualifications certificates.
e Self Attested photocopy of caste certificate, if applicable.
f Self Attested photocopies of experience certificates, if any.5. HOW TO APPLY:
5.1 Examination Fee:
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash:
Sr.No. CATEGORY FEES
- General Rs. 1000/-
- Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) Rs. 250/-
Srinagar and Imphal candidates may deposit their fees through RTGS or NEFT by giving particulars of the Indian
Bank, as notified in the fee deposit challan.
OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List ( as available on National Commission for
Backward Classes website http://www.ncbc.nic.in) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to
OBC – Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
5.2 APPLY THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION:
Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website:
http://www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Candidates must write their name, father/mother’s name as written in their Matriculation (Xth Class Board) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form.
After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
After successful submission of ONLINE Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form
Number for future reference and for downloading your e-Admit Card. Keep a print out of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
NOTE: Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the
Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send alongwith CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank
Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to The Deputy
Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library
Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach on or before 03.09.2015 (10.09.2015 for remote areas).
Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website. Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on our website tentatively between 5 th
– 13th November, 2015 and afterwards their request shall not be considered.
Examination fee paid through Bank Challan for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should also check all the columns of Bank Challan, online application, which are to be filled in properly to avoid cancellation of application, Pleasenote that Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
For more information click on Job Details